which TIG welder/plasma cutter to buy....

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: which TIG welder/plasma cutter to buy....
From: "Richard George x 7247 (sun)" <rkg@etec.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 10:08:08 -0800
Hi,

I finally have amassed enough money to think about replacing my AC arc
welder with something better...

As I prefer the versatility and weld quality I can get with a TIG
welder to some sort of MIG unit (and I also still prefer to use a
stick welder for the big, non-critical stuff), Does anyone out there
have any recommendations for reasonable TIG unit?  I was looking at
one of the smaller Miller units, but...

Also, does anyone have any recommendatins for a smaller plasma cutter
(say something that can cut through 1/4" or so steel)?

Thanks in Advance,

rkg

(Richard George)
rkg@etec.com