Re: compressor switching

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: compressor switching
From: Ryansmalt@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 20:17:52 -0500
>(For people who have their compressors on 220 and switch it, how do you
>switch it? My local hardware store doesn't have anything that I recognize
>as a 220V switch - can you just switch one branch?)

You should NOT switch just one branch-this leaves the motor and everything on
the compressor live (except, one hopes, the chassis/frame/tank).  I use a
wall mounted 30A disconnect switch (They looks like old style fuse boxes w/ a
handle on the side);  Using the breaker w/ a double breaker (220vac)
certainly works also.

Scott M Ryan