Scales, big and small

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Scales, big and small
From: John Miller <johnm@ims.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 09:22:44 -0800
Scales. What have you found useful and cheap?

I'm rebuilding a car at this time and would like to take the
opportunity to weigh some of the various components to get a better
idea of what some of the pieces weigh before I re-assemble it.

Bathroom scales are neat because they cover a very useful wieght
range (50-300 lbs) and are rather inexpensive. But they suffer in
form-factor.  Its hard to balance a trany on one and read it too.

What about weighing items in the range of 0-50 lbs?

How about the 300-1000 lb range?  Do the units that work with
bathroom scales to increase the range really work that well?

John Miller