Re: light - was benches

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: light - was benches
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 20:46:00 +0000
-> I always assumed
-> they had some funky little circuit that didn't put out decent-enough
-> quality light for indoor lighting, but was adequate for "workshops."

 I dunno, we've been using the dual-4' flourescents in the house for
ten, twelve years now.  Lots more light and less heat load than
incandescents.

-> If you're in the bay area, Home Depot is (was?) selling the
-> shoplights for $5.47.

 Yeah.  Right.  They used to be $10, most places.  Then they dropped to
$6 or so - but now they gouge you $3 each for bulbs, so they really cost
$12, compared to the old ones that came with bulbs to start with.