RE:RE:tracking gauge

To: "Dr J.E.Miles" <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>
Subject: RE:RE:tracking gauge
From: Phil Ethier <ethier@freenet.msp.mn.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 10:20:48 -0600 (CST)
On Thursday, 18 Jan 1996, Dr J.E.Miles wrote:

> Many thanks to those who responded to my tracking-gauge query.  It
> seems that most people set up front wheel toe-in at home using a
> couple of lengths of timber, metal pipe etc. My next question is what
> do you measure exactly, is it the difference between the distance
> measured between the back of the wheel rim and that at the front. If
> so why _two_ lengths of pipe,timber etc.

I think Dr. Miles can use an extensive education on alignment theory and
practice.  I didn't think it was proper for me to post such stuff on this
list, so I took the liberty of sending him a private Email with the
writings of me and of two other members of the autox list.  Anyone else
who wants it, just ask.

Phil Ethier <ethier@freenet.msp.mn.us>