Re: Compressor Maintenance (Was Re: benches)

To: "(unknown)" <SHOP-TALK@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Compressor Maintenance (Was Re: benches)
From: bruce wentzel <76752.3101@compuserve.com>
Date: 17 Jan 96 12:47:13 EST
I wish I could just post this anonymously since it doesn't speak very highly of
my attending to maintenance details, but here's the short story.
I bought a new 2 HP Sears compressor in about '71 or '72 with the "automatic oil
change" feature.  That means that on the two times when the compressor got
really noisey and siezed up, I'd refill the crankcase, let it cool of, cross my
fingers, turn it back on and go back to working.
Reminds me of a Timex, it takes a licking and keeps on ticking.