rolls-bentley

First Purchase of a RR

To: rolls-bentley@autox.team.net
Subject: First Purchase of a RR
From: Fred_J_Konchan@foodbrands.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 07:37:06 -0600
Hi everyone! Forgive me if I do not follow list etiquette; this is my first
posting.

I was looking for a used 1993 Mercedes 500e when I stumbled upon a 1987 1/2
(?)  RR Silver Spur 20000 series with 40,000 miles on it. The RR is about
the same price as the Benz! $39,500.
1) The car looks fantastic, almost like new. The price seems low. Is there
something lurking inside that is going to bankrupt me?
2) Is there anything in particular I should be aware of owning a RR? This
automobile was allegedly only serviced by a RR dealer and all records are
available.
3) On the average, what can I expect my per mile maintenance costs to be? I
can do all mechanical work, as long as I have the factory service manual
and the proper tools.
4) Are service manuals available? What does one cost?
5) As for special tools, do any members "share" their tools with other list
members?

Thanks in advance.

Fred Konchan
Wisconsin, USA