[Oletrucks] Sleeves on bolts holding brake backing plate?

To: <Oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Oletrucks] Sleeves on bolts holding brake backing plate?
From: "Doug W" <dwpumps@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 21:56:15 -0700
Truckers,

It's been over five years since I took apart the front suspension on my 56
Chevrolet Half ton. Plus, I moved after taking it apart. Now trying to put
it together is a challenge.

Would I be correct in assuming that there are supposed to be sleeves on the
back side (inward side) of the four bolts holding the brake backing plate to
the steering knuckle? Two long on the bottom and two short on the uppers? A
picture in the shop manual appears to confirm this, but it's hard to tell.
Plus, I've only found two short sleeves in my box of parts.

If my assumption is correct, any suggestions on where to buy replacements?
These parts (if they exist) do not appear in any of the catalogs I have.

Thank you.

Doug

Oletrucks@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html