Re: [Oletrucks] My Trucks; Electrical Ground and Power cable

To: wayne@chevytrucks.org, Oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] My Trucks; Electrical Ground and Power cable
From: victrlopez@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 14:37:57 -0500
I am not sure whether this has anything to do with the grounding issue, but I
learned on my 6 volt system that having the largest and thickest power cable
from the generator to the battery is crucial.? For the longest time I had
charging problems event through my generator was newly built.? I did some
research and spoke with my brother, and I determined that for the lesser 12
volt cables will not do.? They are smaller and thinner, and do not carry as
much power as the thicker ones do.? Well, this is fine for a large 12 volt
battery, but when you use such a cable on a 6 volt system it falls short.?
?
This is all by way of background on the grounding issue.? I wonder if a
larger, cleaner, grounding cable (clean all contact points, including the
frame area to bare?metal,?and put the red electrical grease on) would help to
better establish the ground to avoid to dimmer headlight issue.? Just a
thought.??
?
Victor
'55 Chevy Panel (1st Series), former 54' Chevy P/U owner