RE: [oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs part 3

To: <kremerrak@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs part 3
From: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 04:38:55 +0000
rust is holding them there. hammer the heck out of them. beat them to death,
both pins are tapered, but the holes they go into are not, so they get wedged
in pretty tight. you need to change the shackles when you re-spring them any
how. shackle kits are cheap and come with new pins and grease zerks.Kurt 58
3100 Apache project the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...When
I die, i want to go asleep and peaceful, not screaming and freaking out like
everyone else in the car.> From: KremerRAK@aol.com> Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008
22:29:52 -0500> Subject: [oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs part 3> To:
oletrucks@autox.team.net> CC: Rckcar@dejazzd.com> > To the all wise and
knowing list,> > Once again, I find myself in need of the knowledge you guys
have. My 58 > panel is in need of new rear leafs. A local shop will rebuild
the existing ones > but I can't get them off. The front pins came out okay.
The rear shackles > are giving me fits. I have been told that these should
have threaded > bushings. I was able to remove inside and outside nuts from
both the top and the > bottom of the shackle. I have not been able to pry one
side of the shackle > off. Since I have a bad habit of breaking bolts off, I
figured it was best to > ask first. > > Please let me know if there are any
tricks that can be applied to taking the > shackles off of the rear of the
leaf springs.> > Once the springs are replaced and the turn signals re-wired,
it is off to > the inspection station. I can't wait!> > Thanks again. > > Rick
Kremer> > 54 5 window> 58 panel> >
Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we give.