Re: [oletrucks] brake lines

To: Tom Cooper <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] brake lines
From: wschick1@twcny.rr.com
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 16:48:33 -0500
Tom,

I'm not an expert but I have to imagine if the flares are done
properly and the connections are good, it shouldn't matter. The system
is closed. No air or fluid should be getting in or getting out or you
would get a soft pedal.

My 1940 original brakes had three Ts right from the factory. One line
goes from the MC over to the frame to a T, it splits front to rear.
Going forward the line goes to the passenger side front brake and Ts
again to put a flex line out to the brake drum and another solid line
to the drivers side. Going back it follows the frame to a flexible
line that connects the rear axle. This flexible line ends at a T that
divides the left and right to the rear brake drums.

I hope someone with real expertise can say one way or the other.

Bill Schickling