[oletrucks] 55 Gas Tank

To: <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 55 Gas Tank
From: "George Perez" <g.perez@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 23:21:13 -0400
Just a note, someone mentioned that they bought an aluminum tank from
Brothers,

and only had to drill six holes and so on. Well I too thought about going
that way

, but their tank cost $ 500.00 plus shipping.

 I wanted to keep my cost down and try to find an alterative method.

 I 'am now finished with the project and my total cost was $203.32

Gas tank with straps $123.00

Sending unit $55.00

Steal strap from True Value $ 7.32

Anti squeak rubber from old inner tube from local Tire shop, Free

Scrap 3 inch pipe, Free from local plumbing company.

Total shipping $ 18.00

That leaves me over three hundred dollars to buy other parts for my truck.

By the way Auto meter will sell you the Fuel gauge you need for Chevy or
ford sending unit for the same price.

I now have a brand new fuel tank and sending unit which fits perfect. It
was not hard to install and most of all I really enjoyed doing it.

George

55 TF