[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2896

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2896
From: SteveColumbusGA@wmconnect.com
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:54:07 EDT
Not sure if this pic will get through, I in the past year in an attempt to
make my dash more accurate, removed the blank plate and installed the deluxe
heater control plate & glass & knobs.  My heater I found same as your are
trying
to determine, is only the standard heater.  The fan switch was not accurate in
appearance, so I bought the  replacement deluxe heater control panel &
cables, from LMC, and made mine look more as it should.  I made a sheet metal
panel
around my battery box to support the heater control valve, so things work and
cosmetically look more as it was intended with the deluxe heater controls on
the dash.  On one downside, the up and down cable slides on the faceplate have
so little room for movement, I could not completely get the heater control, or
dash to heater valves to shift to their entire open to close positions, so,
what I did, was buy cables with black knobs, so that I could pull or push the
cables in or out in order to achieve complete movement of the valves shifting.
If this picture comes through you will see how I made such change, only
people as us in the group know that this is somewhat incorrect.   Though, its
much
nicer and works very well, rather than the blanker plate, and makes the dash
look much more as intended.   Hope this pic comes through so you can see how I
did this.     </HTML>

P4100008.JPG]