[oletrucks] Air Conditioning - What's Best?

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Air Conditioning - What's Best?
From: Mark Mintmier <tenisguy@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:23:55 -0400
I know this has been discussed before, but I'm just about ready to make
a purchase and wanted to get the latest opinions.  I'm looking for an
air conditioning unit for my 1950 Chevy 3100.  I've built a custom
center console, so I can't use one of the sure fit units that mount
under the edge of the dash.  I really don't like the looks of them
anyway.  Even though there are probably a dozen or more companies that
sell A/C units, I'm probably going to go with one of the most popular.
Oh, and if I can make ice cubes on my seats, that's fine with me - the
colder the better!

Does anyone have any recommendations, suggestions, and/or experience
with any of the following companies?

(1) Vintage Air
(2) Hot Rod Air
(3) Old Air