Re: [oletrucks] Rear Cab Mounts

To: "Steven Stuckmeyer" <slstusmc@yahoo.com>, "oletrucks"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rear Cab Mounts
From: "Mike & Inez Plucker" <impluck@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 00:02:40 -0400
Your frame is tapered and the rear cab mounts need to reflect the taper. So
yes they are supposed to be like that, unless the cab has been in a horrific
accident. I would just sand blast them, paint or power coat to suite,
replace rubber bushings and put back in service. Most of the suppliers have
the bushings in stock. Be sure that you put them back on the correct side or
they will not line up on the cab, making you pull out your hair trying to
figure out what is wrong. I know this because I had the greatest teacher in
the world, experience.
Mike 50 3100, cab is in paint shop and will go on next month.

> Does anyone know a source to get the rear cab mounts for an AD pickup?
> Mine
> are pitted, but more importantly are bent where the bolt hole areas are.
> Or,
> are these supposed to be offset? I thought of straightening them and
> getting
> new bushings, but wanted to get a word on these before I possibly fix what
> isn't broke. Any word on this would be great! Thanks
> Steve Stuckmeyer
> 51 3100
> St Peters, MO
lies!