Re: [oletrucks] Need bed trim for 59 GMC Wide Side

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Need bed trim for 59 GMC Wide Side
From: Jonas Thaler <jonasthaler@jonasthaler.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 22:50:45 -0800
Greetings..

I am casually seeking some fancy trim for my 1959 3200 (I think it
is!) long bed Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton pickup.   I am referring to
dual side trim (stainless I assume) which ends at an extended sort of
wraparound tail light bezel which has some oblong slots in it.  These
slots frame some red plastic which is either a side reflector or an
extension of  red light coming from the tail light lens.

I have only seen these in pictures.

In addition to framing the conatrasting tone area on the side with
shiny metal accent lines, they appear to be an upgrade to the regular
circular taill light bezels.

That was not easy to describe!

Anybody know anything about these and anybody have a decent set that
I could add to my truck?  Just a whim, but then the whole truck is
just a whim so why stop adding love to it?

=-=-=jonas