[oletrucks] Bed Mounting Bolts

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Bed Mounting Bolts
From: Michael E. Mendonça <mm@service-quality.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 06:05:47 -0700
Can anyone tell me how many actual mounting bolts are supposed to be in
the bed of my '54 1/2 ton Chevy.  Now, just to clarify, I'm not talking
about the dozens of bolts that go through the bed rails (slats), I'm talking
abou the approx. 2 1/2" bolts that go from the wood and into a mounting
area off the chasis.  I'm counting a possible 8 bolts but that seems like
a lot to me.  Any documentation references would also be helpful as I can't
find anything in my shop or assembly manuals.

Thanks,

Michael
'54 Chevy 3100