[oletrucks] New 350 Tick & Prosser Car Show

To: "K. M. Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] New 350 Tick & Prosser Car Show
From: <Dennis.McGillis@mcgilliscompany.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 20:47:18 -0700
Hi Lee,

1.)  I still have a loud "tick" in the passenger side exhaust.  This weekend I
adjusted the valves and found none too tight, instead some were almost too
loose.

Next, I shorted out spark plugs 2-4-6-8 one at a time and found the "tick"
comes from, or at least is in synch with, #8.  With 8 shorted the tick was not
heard, or was covered by the sound of the cylinder not firing.

We try the easy stuff first, and your suggestion to remove the exhaust
manifold gaskets is next.  A leak from #8 at the manifold just might resonate
down the header pipe.

2.)  Prosser car show: Can you tell me where and when it is?  Will you have a
vehicle in it?  Did I ask for your cell phone number (assuming you have one)?
I'll call you, or please feel free to call me on my cell phone.  My ETA in
Prosser is 6-29 after 2:00 PM.

3.)  Check my site and click on the Chevelle picture.  The first three pix are
relatively recent shots, including the new 350.

Best regards,

Dennis McGillis
949-551-4821
949-533-7211 Cell