[oletrucks] IFS Install

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] IFS Install
From: Steven Stuckmeyer <slstusmc@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 10:46:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hey all,
    I'm getting ready to install a TCI custom IFS in a 51 Chevy 3100. It says
to mark the front axle center-line and go from there. What actually is the
front axle center-line? Is it straight done from the frame to the center of the
axle as it passes under or is it the actual center at top of the kingpin
measured across? I sure want to get it right.
    I've found directions for 47-54 with the two piece ifs (with spring towers)
that says to measure 18 1/8" back from the center of the forward spring perch
hole, but that does not look right to me. Any help would be appreciated.
    On another note, I have me four link and rear end all painted and ready to
put in. I just need to paint the pack of the frame and get some buddies over
here to get the cab off to do the rest. I sure miss the son and his football
buddies. It was amazing the help you could get for a few sodas and burgers.
Grocery bill is alot less now though.
  Thanks in advance!
  Steve Stuckmeyer
  51 3100
  St Peters, MO

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messengers low  PC-to-Phone call rates.