[oletrucks] Proportioning Valve

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Proportioning Valve
From: Mark Mintmier <tenisguy@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:36:55 -0500
If it ever warms up, I'm hoping to get the plumbing done on my AD.  I
have a Trans Am rearend with disc brakes and discs up front on my
Heidt's IFS.  Since I have discs all the way around, do I need a
proportioning valve on the brake line?  Most that I've seen advertised
are for disc/drum setups, so I wasn't sure if the proportioning valve
was necessary or even recommended for disc/disc setups.

Also, what has anyone else used for their brake lights?  I was thinking
of plumbing a hydraulic brake light switch into a T in the brake line.
Is there a better option?  I will have a hanging pedal assembly.  If the
hydraulic switch is the way to go, does the type of switch matter?  For
example, JC Whitney sells VW brake light switches for $3.99.

Thanks,
Mark