[oletrucks] 350 Pre-oiling

To: <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>, <owner-ole-trucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 350 Pre-oiling
From: "Dennis McGillis" <dennis.mcgillis@mcgilliscompany.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:22:23 -0800
Hi Guys,  I'm fighting the pre-oiler war with my new crate 350.  I determined
that a screwdriver shaft can't work since it needs a bushing to oil the upper
galleries and valvetrain.  So I bought a Proform "66896 Professional Oil Pump
Primer with Bushing" at my local Speed Shop.

Today I cranked it for a couple of minutes but still don't see any oil coming
from the pushrod/rocker area.  Am I missing something?  It seems like it
shouldn't be this difficult.  No, there is not a pool of oil under the car.

Thanks,
Dennis McGillis