RE: [oletrucks] Insurance Rates for Trucks

To: twwood@bellsouth.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Insurance Rates for Trucks
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:09:37 -0600
Tom:
Per your original message below, I recently did a similar investigation for
insuring my '56 Chevy pickup.  Thought the list members might be interested
in what I found:

Truck details:
1956 Chevy Stepside pickup, big back window.
283 Cu In V8, auto trans, updated suspension front and back.
Disk brakes front, drums rear, seat belts, third brake light in rear window.
Professionally appraised September 2005, valued at $30K.

Coverage requested:
Liability-Bodily Injury $250K each person, $500K each occurrence
Property Damage $100K each occurrence
Uninsured Motorist $250K each person, $500K each occurrence
Underinsured Motorist $250K each person, $500K each occurrence
Medical Payments $5K each person
Collision (actual appraised value) less $500 deductable
Comprehensive (actual appraised value) less $500 deductable
Road Service coverage (towing up to $200 and $50/day rental car)
Good Driver discount (no tickets last 5 years)

Here's what I got back:
Country Insurance & Financial Services (have my other vehicles and home
insured with them)
$146.00 annually, no annual mileage limit

Grundy Worldwide
$230.00 annually, no annual mileage limit

Condon & Skelly
$401.00 annually, no annual mileage limit

Classic Automobile Insurance Agency, Inc.
$403.00 annually, 5K miles/year limit

Collector Car Insurance
$395.00 annually, no annual mileage limit

Parish Heacock Classic Car Insurance
$403.00  annually, 5K miles/year limit

Needless to say, I insured with my local agent.  I was really surprised at
the 'other' rates (maybe I overlooked something?).

Anyone else have a similar experience?  Maybe we should start a discussion
thread on insurance and have Wayne store the results away under the Tech
Articles portion of his website?

Just a suggestion, I'd be interested to hear other list members ideas and
comments.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup
Hopewell, IL