Re: [oletrucks] grommets

To: "ole trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] grommets
From: "J Forbes" <jforbspam@fastmail.fm>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:38:15 -0700
> Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:07:02 -0600
> From: "Mark Treutelaar" <phoneman@ticon.net>
> Subject: [oletrucks] grommets
>
> Hi  I need the Inner fender grommets   for a 1955 chevy truck 2nd series
> .
> Anyone know a good source ??  What is   large hole at the bottom of the
> inner
> fender (over 1" in size )  for ??  The other large hole in the inner
> fender
> (over 1" )  Im sure is for the headlights correct??   Chevy dutty as sent
> me a
> 1/2 "  in grommett twice so far when I requested an Inner fender
> grommett.
> They do not know what the hole is near the bottom of the inner fender .

on the 55-57 trucks the radiator support was mounted either forward or
back, depending on whether it was a 6 or 8 cylinder truck.  So the extra
hole at the bottom front of the innner fender is not used!

on the 56 in my yard there is a big grommet with two holes in it, up
higher, that the headlight and park light wires go thru.

Jim
59s in AZ
--
  J Forbes