RE: [oletrucks] 55 2nd hood

To: "wayne osborne" <wayne@chevytrucks.org>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 55 2nd hood
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 07:59:20 -0500
I also replied to this query last night, but for some reason my message
didn't go through either.

Here it is again:

If you look back in the archives to 6/23/2000 you'll find me
asking this same question and John Sutherland answering it.
His solution worked great for me.

Hello Bill - On 55 2nd thru 59's  you have to shim the hinge at the
firewall
at the bottom bolt hole only.  I'd start out with three shims on each
side.
Run the stops on each side down as far as they will go before you do
this
adjustment. After you have the back edge of the hood aligned properly
raise
the stops (they have the round rubber pad on top) back up till they just
make
contact with the under hood surface.
Its really an easy adjustment to make and I bet I couldn't count how
many
nice Chevy trucks are running around with the back of the hood raised up
quarter of inch or more because they didn't shim the bottom hinge out
far
enough (or at all).

Hope this helps!

Regards - John Sutherland - Greensboro, NC
59 Fleets