Re: [oletrucks] Steering box lube - give me your best answers

To: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Steering box lube - give me your best answers
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:04:28 -0500
The part number listed on chevytrucks.org is a bit out of date-I saved the
following comments on the subject as to update so guess I better get to it
huh...  The GM part # for steering box lubrication is 1052182, as mentioned
on the current page, and is no longer available from an email from Bill
Hanlon. I think he tried to locate Grade 0 grease from Mobile, Exxon but
found it to be available in 5 gallon tubs only and expensive stuff.
Michael Mendonga commented the following: I just ordered lube for my '54
Steering Gear Box from Restoration Supply
in San Diego, CA - Phone 800-306-7008. $8.00 for 500 ml (2/3 of a typical
bottle of wine). The lube is for these old boxes and is 1200 weight.
In a later email he was satisfied with it.

--wayne