[oletrucks] 54 3/4 ton rearend

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 54 3/4 ton rearend
From: Bob Keeland <keelandb@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:04:10 -0800 (PST)
I find that I need to replace the rearend on my 54 3/4 ton truck. I'm wanting
to keep the heavy duty capacity. I've found two locally. One yard will not sell
only parts and the other wants $275 for what most people consider essentially a
throw away. Does anyone in the East Texas, Louisiana, South Mississippi area
have an old 3/4 ton rearend that they have replaced?

Also, does anyone have a photo of 3/4 ton rear springs with "overload" springs?
I have the overload springs but am not sure how they attach and engage.

BobK
51 Chevy p/u on 54 3/4 ton frame
Arnuadville, LA