[oletrucks] list member

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [oletrucks] list member
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:49:00 -0500
Hi Folks,
     I'm sure most of you know Roger (Pee Wee) Garrett that is on our list,
well you haven't hear any input from him in a while as an accident has
rendered him in the hospital for a couple months and he's still there. I
just recently, with the help of Pat Wilson from the NAPCO web site
http://www.napco4x4.org/ as roger owned a 58 NAPCO suburban, got his
address at the hospital as he's still in intensive care with quiet a bit of
recovery to do. There's a photo of roger and his truck on the above web site.
     I just received the details of his accident that happened while
working on his truck. We've all heard and read about safety and
disconnecting the battery when performing work on a vehicle and this makes
is more a reality to DO that. Seems Roger was adjusting the clutch
underneath his truck and the wrench came in contact with the starter
solenoid, the switch was in the on position and yep, it started up and
caught him between the front differential and dragged him quiet a few feet.
Unsure of exactly what injuries he sustained but its pretty serious as he's
having lung problems and is still in intensive care after a couple months
so please be safe folks...
    I'm getting up a get well letter to send to him in a couple days and if
anyone wants to include a howdy do--please sent it to me off list and i'll
include your wishes as well. I'll also post the finished product for all to
see. I believe I still have a xxxl oletrucks shirt left over from the last
run that as unclaimed and i'll send it to him also.
    On the list we're all a family in a sense, we've contributed when a
member had a fire at their home, wished well and will keep those with
health issues in our thoughts and prayers as we have a couple members
dealing with those now. We've had members come and go but still see some of
the same familiar names we've seen for years and hope to continue to see
for many years to come.
Please send replies to me off list at  wayne@chevytrucks.org   and i'll
sent it our possibly Wednesday but most likely Thursday..    --wayne

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne