[oletrucks] disc brake upgrade

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [oletrucks] disc brake upgrade
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 08:52:50 -0500
Well it seems I keep running into issues with the non power disc upgrade
kit from --ahemm   Jim Carters--ARGGGG....
I got the old master cylinder out and setting up the new, I've got the m/c
mounted to the adapter plate but seems something is out of alignment. The
rod  that connects stock pedal to the master cylinder seems to be all
wrong, when pushing the brakes the rod binds up and the pedal doesn't
return to home position. There is a spring that should pull it back, i
know, but this is not the case here. You can tell there is a mechanical
bind, is not in the m/c as without the rod the m/c is smooth. Seems
something is out of alignment with either their bracket. WE'll it'll be
another call to them today. Also where the stock pedal arm fits in the
bracket, i have about 1/4 inch of side to side play. Anyone who has done
this upgrade, did you m/c pedal assembly look better that this one..  By
the way, i haven't painted cleaned up items yet..Here's a couple links to
what i'm referring to..
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/mastercylinder.jpg
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/mastercylinder1.jpg
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/mastercylinder2.jpg