[oletrucks] Engine head removal

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine head removal
From: tim <omahamail@fastmail.fm>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 12:16:48 -0800
Well, I took advantage of a rare sunny weekend in Seattle and got
"Peanut"'s engine all taken apart and ready to remove the head.  I've
never done this before, so it's quite the learning experience.  I'm at
the point now where I've got the head bolts out and I'm ready to pull
the head, but it's way too heavy to lift it out just by myself.

Are there any tricks to getting the head out of the engine compartment,
or is it something that 2 guys can lift, or should I rent an engine hoist?

You can follow my very wordy description of the weekend's activities at
http://54peanut.blogspot.com -- no photos yet, but I took a bunch and
I'll try to get them posted shortly.

-tim
1954 Chevy 3100 "Peanut"
1954 Chevy Panel "waiting for me in northern california"