Re: [oletrucks] gutless wipers

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] gutless wipers
From: Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:11:52 -0400
KremerRAK@aol.com wrote:

> Alan, Does your wiper motor have intermittent on it?

Hey, Rick

No ... no intermittent ... just "Off," "Low" and "High" with a switch
designed to go where the original switch goes.  But I moved it to the
lower part of my dash and used a 55 Chevy chromed steel knob -- all my
knobs match by using 55 Chevy knobs -- see this:
http://www.alanhorvath.com/54chevy/chevy55knobs.php

> Can it be wired to a modern GM steering column?  I am looking for a
> system for my 54 that will do both.

That I wouldn't know about ... but I don't see why not!

In fact, if the intermittent thing is built into the column switch, I
would *think* you could just power the new electric motor from those
column wires and have those features by using the column switch instead
of the supplied switch!  I dunno ... but it sure would be worth trying!

> Thanks in advance for your response and thanks for all of your
> comments and website full of information.

Hey, bro' ... I'm always happy to hear people are appreciating my web
site stuff -- it's FUN knowing the sharing is helpful.

PS - I had a dream last night that I was flying ... in my TRUCK!!!
What a GAS that was!!!
:o)))
Do we love these things, or what?

Alan