[oletrucks] AD Door Hinges

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] AD Door Hinges
From: "Brian Swain" <bps3520@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 01:01:10 +0000
Hi everyone,

I decided while I had the inner and outer cowl panels off of my '52 it would
be a good time to rebuild the hinges.  I ordered the rebuild kit from Chevy
Duty and removed the old pins.  My problem is with the driver's side.  They
were bent up pretty bad.  It appears the door was opened too far and bowed
the hinge and door post out.  I have straightened them and they fit flush
with door post, but not with the back of the hinge pocket.  The little bump
fits in the hole in the hinge pocket, but the other end is about 30mm away
from the pocket.  There is a link to some photos below.  My question is, how
critical is it for the hinge to fit flush against the pocket?  I hope this
makes since.

http://community.webshots.com/album/182257025ZqHwFx

Thanks,
Brian