[oletrucks] Casting number

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Casting number
From: "Larry Burnett" <larburnett@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:31:46 -0400
 Hey all,
I've been told that the engine in my 1950 AD is a 1954 235ci.  Trying to
verfiy that, and am looking at the stovebolt page.  My head casting number
(on the drivers side of the cylinder hear) is 3836848.  Reading the
Stovebolt page on casting numbers, it looks like this is actually from a
1955 second series.  However, at the same time, I'm looking at the block
number (found on a plate next to the dipstick) that reads 0408044 F54Z.
Looking up that number, it comes out of a 1954.  I'm assuming here that it's
possible that the the head was replaced once upon a time from a different
engine.

Am I off here?

Thanks,
-Larry