RE: [oletrucks] Tire size

To: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Tire size
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:52:08 -0400
The 235 tire width is the width of the tread in relationship to the side
wall height (series of the tire). A 235 60 series tire will be a bit wider
and shorter that a 235 70 series tire, the 70 series will be a taller tire
but the tread width will be a bit narrower. Of course as mentioned by
someone else different wheels widths can also make a difference..
Here http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
is a cute little diagram that you can input different tire sizes and see
the differences and it gives the overall dimensions..    --wayne