[oletrucks] 1955 265 V8 Engine Mounts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 1955 265 V8 Engine Mounts
From: McGillis@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:26:51 EDT
Hi Guys,

I bought a full set of engine mounts for the original 265 V8 in my 1955 Cameo
from Truck Shop in Orange, CA and tried to install the rear ones today.

After an hour of frustration trying to get the holes to line up, I compared
the ones removed with what I was trying to install.  (A smart guy would have
done it after 10 minutes.)  The mounts removed are rounded on the front and
back
edges and the new ones are square.  Why does that matter?  Several surfaces
(block, clutch cover, etc.) impinge on that area and the square corners seem to
cause a problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Are mounts available from another source
that will fit better?  Please answer directly as well as through the list, or
even better, give me a call!

Thanks,

Dennis McGillis
1955 Cameo  (V8 CAMEO)