[oletrucks] Re: door weatherstripping

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: door weatherstripping
From: Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:04:15 -0400
Thanks, Jon

This is a very upsetting matter!  The first rubber set I bought made it
impossible to close the doors even with the strikers moved all the way
out on my truck ... so I'm concerned about getting the right rubber
this time.

Someone told me the best rubber to get was from Steele Rubber Products.
  I have their catalog, but before I go ahead I want to contact that
person (have to remember who it was -- one of the problems with
computers and the web; too much info to keep track of!) and see if he
tried Chevy Duty at all.

I can't stand hearing any rattles and my doors are bugging me like
crazy -- I saw an old F-ord pickup at a show (I think it was a '50) and
the doors closed beautifully!  I looked at the latches and they were
bear-claws (original)!  That surprised me!!  If F-ord was using better
quality latches on their trucks, why wasn't Chevy?  And now I'm
wondering if I could modify and put F-ord bear-claws on my truck.  Does
anyone have any info about this?

Alan
http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/