[oletrucks] RE:Yesterdays

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE:Yesterdays
From: ME1STKING@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 12:54:51 EDT
Man from Yesterday's Chevy Truck's just picked up
My PicemUp Truck to take it down to the shop to do the work.
I can't wait to get it back so I can drive it at 60 mh to the malt shop
OH BOY.

the list
1.  late model rear end new 3:08 Gears & Bearings center the rear end
2. Late Model Tran's rebuild clutch resurface flywheel 4 speed in the floor
3. New Ididit Steering Column  Saginaw Power steering gear and Pump
all hooked up and working with no problems on my 235 cid
4. new Fire wall pad installed
I will Pick it up and drive it home for an 80 Mile shack down drive it
better be right
email me of list for priceing

Will let all Know when it gets Home In 2 weeks

Robert Baird Ft. Worth Texas
1954 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton
Questions: You have a 3.08 rear end. Can the gears be swapped out rather than
the whole rear end?I mean I know it can be done but can I?  I have a 60s
something chev 3.07 with R 16s [Maybe I don't need to work on the rear end to
go
80.]- Also to complete the picture, I have a 58ish standard 4 on the floor and
man does it climb walls!. What specifications can you give your transmission?
I ask because when I started my own project I just had too many things to
learn all at once to get it all togeather. So now that I know I screwed up in
this
department I want to try again some day.. What say you?       .
And as we are on the subject: My 3rd gear is sticking. Seems to release with
RPMs Could  be that it sat so long with more water than oil as the lube and
may work itself out given time .What chances of that do we give?  Fixes?