Re: [oletrucks] ignition switch ... removal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ignition switch ... removal
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:21:21 EST
   Ok, check and see if there is a TINY little hole in the front facia of the
ignition switch chrome. If there is, you have a problem...you need the key,
and a paper clip, to turn it a click more counterclockwise to remove the key
portion from the switch! You put the paper clip in, push a spring-loaded pin
down, and turn switch with key in it , it will then pop out. Of course, I'm
used
to this on a '57 Chevy car, NOT a truck. Not as familiar with a V-8 truck
ignition, so you'll have to see whether it has the small hole or not. The only
other option , if the chrome front face is raised and not recessed, is to pop
it
off, then turn the hold-down bezel off. Again, I'm going on passenger car, not
truck,. as I don't know much about the V-8 trucks with key start. So, I may
not have been much help, but I did try!

Jerry in Virginia
bracing for another "dusting" Friday morning...