Re: [oletrucks] Engine paint color for 216

To: zman@gibbon.kungfumonkey.com, raknotts@qwest.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Engine paint color for 216
From: Skyhookroth@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:30:02 EST
In a message dated 1/20/2004 9:14:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
zman@gibbon.kungfumonkey.com writes:

The  biggest thing is cleaning/degreasing the engine. More often than not
the  reason the paint doesn't last is because of a dirty  engine
I agree with Scott.
For a simple clean up procedure. I scape off the heavy visable grease and
dirt. Then apply a spirits based engine cleaner and brush it into the nooks and

crannies. I use old brushes from the kitchen or wheel brushes. Rinse with
water  and follow up with a citrus based cleaner. This gets the engines pretty
clean. I  wipe it down with mineral spirits and use a thinned primer such as
Rustoleum.
John Roth
Gettysburg
50 3600 five window