[oletrucks] Chevelle Donor

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Chevelle Donor
From: Mark Johnson <hd99fxst@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:55:10 -0800 (PST)
I've just about got the drivetrain yanked out of my
'71 Chevelle Donor.  Before the remnants go up for
sale, I have a few questions...

When mounting a later Chevy rear under my '51, I know
I'll have to weld leaf spring perches in place.  No
big deal, right?  Any use for the boxed lower control
arms and rear sway bar on the Chevelle?  Ditto the
front end -- any way to make use of the 1 1/4" front
sway bar with poly bushings?

Or should I leave them on the Chevelle to add to the
sales appeal?

It's four wheel drums, so I'm gonna pass on the brakes
-- plan to do an IFS swap, eventually...

Muchas Gracias,
(Maker's) mark.
'51 3100
"Soon to be... 383!"