[oletrucks] RE: oletrucks-digest V2 #2147

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: oletrucks-digest V2 #2147
From: "RANDALL WICKHAM" <rbwickham@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 08:48:43 -0500
I know the 3/4 ton chassis is different--'87 to '88.  My 3/4 ton '88
Suburban uses '92 and up front wheel bearings.  My FLAPS gave me the
incorrect front bearings and seals recently when I asked for '88 parts.
When they didn't work and I took my old parts back to match them up, the '92
parts worked fine.

When I bought my 'burb used 13 years ago the GM dealer mentioned that my
'88, though it was the old body style, had the new chassis, but I'm not sure
how accurate that statement was.  It is true for the wheel bearings!

Randy Wickham

>Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 21:33:04 -0800
>From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
>Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 89 suburban parts car
>
>Its pickups '63 to '87 that are documented to work for this swap.  I know
>the suburbans did not change in '87, but don't recall if an '89 is the same
>as an '87 pickup, or as an '89 pickup.  I've never heard of the later
>pickups, or the suburbans once those were updated, being used in a swap
>like
>this.
>
>I'd say the first question is whether or not the '89 is the same as an '87,
>if so that's only the first hurdle.
>
>The track width will be a little wide, and this swap does not lower the
>front end.  I don't think it raises it either, but I don't actually know.
>
>You should be able to look at the column to see if its tilt or not.  I'm
>sure tilt was available, but I can't say if this one had it or not.
>
>Make sure you read about Wayne's experience at
>http://www.itswhatsnext.com/engine/47_chevy_home.htm before you commit to
>this project!

Expand your wine savvy  and get some great new recipes  at MSN Wine.
http://wine.msn.com