[oletrucks] Hyrodvac Troubleshoot and Archives

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Hyrodvac Troubleshoot and Archives
From: "n ruff" <u20power67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:30:29 -0600
I am new to this forum and had several questions:

Is there an archive so that I can research and avoid reposting questions
that have been asked and answered numerous times?

I am learning the ins and out of hydrovac brakes (72 GMC 60 series).  It has
a primary and secondary system (fail-safe) with the secondary system
disabled at the vacuum port.  The primary hydrovac locks the rear brakes
when the engine is running-without the brakes being applied.  With the
engine off, the vacuum eventually bleeds off freeing the brakes.
My question:  Does this mean hydrovac replacement or is there a check valve
or similar that needs attention.  Just looking for a place to start.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Nruff