[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2142

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2142
From: "Steve Bajurny" <sbajurny@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 11:30:16 -0500
I have a 46 Chevy 1 ton or HD > ton pickup(V.I.N.14DSD2224 )with the "panel
express"  bed (52" wide inside vs 46" and longer inside, small inside wheel
wells, single rear wheels but fenders bolt on differently than 1/2 tons)
which is missing the tailgate. Per an illustration in the Chevy Pickup book
and the existing holes under the rear of the bed this would be the 3 hinge
tailgate (3 vertical hinges all alike); it has the triangular cross section
( rather than circular one) at the top of the bed sides. Any assistance in
locating one (used or reproduction) would be appreciated. I have tried most
suppliers and am sending requests to anyone who might be able to assist
(clubs, individuals, etc.).

>From my research the truck has about 24,000 original miles on it, ex Norwich
Hill, Huntington, MA Fire department (lettering still on the doors), was
purchased from Fisk Motors in Huntington, MA; truck was sold to the previous
owner (Robert Baker, Searle Road up the road from the substation ) with
17455 miles around January of 1989 .The truck was originally black, tailgate
was removed, truck equipped with a small tank, hose reel, extinguishers,
siren/flashing light and painted red which is now fading/ wearing off. I
would like to replace the tailgate and also the roof beacon/ siren if I
could find one.