Re: [oletrucks] WHEELS

To: hosang@281.com (C & B Hosang)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] WHEELS
From: Tom3600@webtv.net (Toms OLTRUK Z49)
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:07:55 -0600 (CST)
Charley ~

Sorry for the mis-fire!!   If those American Raging wheels are 15 inch
wheels you might want to check the clearance on the left front.  I had 4
inch back space 15 in. rims that just barely touched the tie rod end on
the left front of my '49 3/4 ton.   16 inch wheels will be ok.  It is a
matter of about 1/16 in. difference between clearing and NOT clearing.
I would recommend 3 3/4 to 3 7/8 backspacing as being better.  If you
can "borrow" one American Racing wheel and check the clearance it might
be a good idea.

Tom