Re: [oletrucks] U-joint.

To: wschick1@twcny.rr.com (William Schickling)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] U-joint.
From: Tom3600@webtv.net (Toms OLTRUK Z49)
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:54:01 -0600 (CST)
Bill ~

Assuming that you have the T5 rear yoke and slip tube you just need to
measure the distance from the T-5 U-joint back to the rearend yoke.  My
1949 3/4 ton was about 61 in.  I went to a local junkyard where they had
a big pile of old diveshafts.  I found a mid-80's Buick driveshaft that
was just the right 61 in. length.  (cost $8.00!!!)  I was able to find
the front and rear U-joint kits to fit.    I think that NAPA actually
had a "Universal" universal kit!!

Tom