[oletrucks] Veterans Day

To: slstu51@yahoo.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Veterans Day
From: IDPHR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 23:04:15 EST
Steve...I'm not usually too vocal on these kind of things, but your note
struck a chord with me.
As a fellow veteran, I absolutely agree and support every sentiment you
mention...I also would like people to take a quiet moment and think about the
hundreds of thousands guys and gals who never came home...from the 3 wars of my
lifetime. As a Viet Nam veteran I particularly would like Americans to think
about and respect the efforts and sacrifice of not only the over 50 thousand
GIs
who gave their lives willingly for their country in Viet Nam; but also the
millions veterans who also served bravely and came home only to be disrespected
and humiliated.
I also pray that our troops in Iraq will be safe and come home soon...It
breaks my heart to hear the casualty reports every day...I hate the callous way
the casualties are reported in the news...it seems we coldly accept the loss of
these young lives. Politically it smells of Viet Nam.
God bless every vet

Steve Goldfarb
1st Lt 9th INF Div, RVN (honorably discharged 1969)\
1951 Chev 3100 PU
1952 Chev Suburban Carryall
1970 Chev El Camino SS 396