Re: [oletrucks] engine

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:47:46 +0000
Bob
I thought the reason for putting the V8 in a '50 truck was HP. Why go all
this way to put in an undersized V8? Think of the answer you will give every
time some one asks, how big? For reliability I chose the Ram Jet crate motor
from GM
http://www.goautocenter.com/350%20ram%20jet.htm
By the time you find a quality: manifold, carb, distributor, pan, fuel pump,
water pump, etc... the low buck, low HP deal isn't such a deal. Of course if
the Ram Jet doesn't start, I won't be able to tap the side of the carb or
change points on the side of the road to get home. There are trade offs
every where.
and then there's the new small block 454...
Kurt
58 Apache