[oletrucks] Wanted: Good home for good truck

To: "Chevy Truck List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Wanted: Good home for good truck
From: "Pat Sackrider" <phsackrider@chartermi.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:03:19 -0400
Well, due to financial cutbacks, space limitations, and lack of time,
the old truck is looking for a new home as sad as that is for me.  Since
Id like to see anyone on this list get it first Ill start here to try
and sell it.  So the basics are 54, Chevrolet 3600 > ton.  It is a
5-window truck mostly the standard green.  The original engine is gone
and it has a 292 in it now.  Ive fiddled with the engine enough, new
hoses, fuel filter, couple cans of carb cleaner, turned out it runs
fairly good and starts easy enough.  I picked it up about a year and a
half ago and was never able to drive it other than back in forth out of
the garage and back, do to the complete lack of brakes.  In the
meantime, Ive rebuilt the front wheel hubs  new bearings $$$ rebuilt
wheel cylinders.  Rebuilt the rear brakes and hubs, all new springs and
shoes, bearings were in nice shape.  If I were lucky all it would need
would be brake fluid but it truly needs new brake lines first.  Master
cylinder was bone dry when I got it so its status is unknown, but you
could guess.  Emergency brake works great.  3 speed manual shift, as I
said back and forth in the drive way so I know reverse and 1st works,
clutch ok, too.  When I got it, the side window was broke on driver
side, replaced that yesterday  also have a spare side window, as Chevy
Duty had a pair price not a single price.  Rear window has country
accent marks (3 bullet holes) could be history here, the truck used by
Bonnie and Clyde???  Has a radio, but never found out why it wont turn
on.  When I got it, the electrical has already been switched to 12 volt.

Body wise, I was always impressed that it was a solid as it was.  Front
end is in nice shape.  Cab has the typical corner rust and holes
Headliner is gone and the interior roof is rusted.  Doors were re-done
when I got it a little.  Needs weather strip, window felts, etc. Box is
old rotted out wood with holes in spots.  Although Ive never seen it,
previous owner had welded a plate of steel in the bed and covered it
all, selling the steel plate too.  All four hub caps are still with it.
After market mirrors.   Bumps and dings here and there.  Original front
bumper, but has a custom made super heavy duty plate steel rear bumper.

Now for the all important title question.  I had a bit of time getting a
real title when I bought it from the state of Washington.  Long story
short (really short) I now have a clean title for the state of
Washington, this is all fine, however I live in Michigan and havent
bothered to transfer it here.  Of course youll find that the title VIN
is based on the original engine (missing), not on the tag at the door.

Id like obviously about $32,000 for it, but it is probably closer to
$2600 or so, or make offer, please.  Ive got some pictures and could
take any more pictures someone may want.

If anyone may be interested email me off list.

Thanks,

Pat Sackrider