[oletrucks] 12 volt adj

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 12 volt adj
From: Louk2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:08:09 EDT
Members,

I have a newer alternator on my 51 pickup, it is the correct GM unit that was
used with my 305 from the late 70's (not a one wire).  Anyway, I built my own
wiring harness hooked up everything and now I'm reading 14.5 volts as output.

I understand this can be a problem.  I have never driven the truck so no
damage yet or history on how it works.  But before I blow anything I was
wondering
if any one can give me advice on this.  Is it possible to adjust the
alternator  down to 12 volts output.

Could a lack of resistance in my wiring be a problem, should I ignore it or
should I go out and buy a one wire?  I have no real experience on this.

Thanks for any feed back.

Lou K