RE: [oletrucks] S-10 Donor Chassis (which model is the most

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] S-10 Donor Chassis (which model is the most
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:51:50 -0500
I believe that if you look close at an 87 to 98 full size Chevy or
GMC, the stance, wheel width, and length are about the same as a
TF.  Most of the conversions I have read about used these truck frames
as the base.  This way, you get a much stronger chassis that is meant
for a vehicle as heavy as a TF.

One day my 57 and my 96 Suburban 4 x 4 were parked next to each other
facing out in front of the garage when I came up the hill of the
driveway.  It stunned me just how close they were in overall width,
track, and height.

Bruce K
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN