Re: [oletrucks] Do a lot of you Guys start out with old chevys

To: Tezzme2@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Do a lot of you Guys start out with old chevys
From: Rich Kosiba <kosibar@kolbenet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:58:35 -0400 (EDT)
Except for the hole in the frame, join the club. Or at least the club that
I joined... both of my trucks had the exact same problem areas - floor
gone, cab corners, dented up in the back of the cab.

And I tell the story again about the pre-'54 speedometer that was nailed
to the dash of my '54. Take out the old on, put the new (pre-'54) up to
the hole on the OUTSIDE of the hole, grab a nail and hammer and just drive
the thing through the metal. The guy needs his head examined.

Anyway, I only have one truck - a parts truck - that has a hole in the
frame, though I've heard others talk about this being common. Seems that
it's always in about that same area - in front of the rear springs.

What a mess, but here are a couple of pictures:
http://homepage.mac.com/kosibar/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2003-01-21%2021.07.20%20-0800/Image1999121211%202.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/kosibar/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2003-01-21%2021.07.20%20-0800/Image1999121209%202.jpg

Not to worry, they can be saved. :)
http://homepage.mac.com/kosibar/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2003-01-21%2021.07.20%20-0800/ImageDCP_0900.jpg

As they say in the Miami Herald, "Who would want to salvage a beat-up
truck?"

Rich